What is a Tummy Tuck?
A Tummy tuck – also referred to as abdominoplasty – is a plastic surgery procedure to create a taut, well-contoured belly. The procedure involves tightening the underlying muscle structure, removing the excess skin and fat, and removing stubborn fat to create a fit, firm abdomen.
Is a tummy tuck right for you?
The tummy tuck is a very popular procedure because there are extensive benefits:
- A flattened, tighter, more attractive abdominal area
- Surgically tightened muscles
- Up to 10 pounds of excess skin removed
- A shaped and contoured stomach and waist
- A more supported back and abdomen
- Reduced or eliminated stretch marks
- Reduced stress on the stomach muscles
- Reduced urinary incontinence
- Improved posture